Monday, November 19, 2007

90% to completion!

Wow! Finally, after some good pointers and direction from Spideyweb ( guy from SGcollect.com forum), I finally managed to get the right PSI out of my compressor. All this while, I've been using the wrong pressure ( 6 Bar as compared to the correct pressure, approx 2 bar ) No wonder I keep getting sputtering whenever I tried to spray...
Well, with the 'problem' behind me for now, I can concentrate on completing my mod.

Today, I did some fine air brushing on the figure and added some details to it eg. veins, scars....
Oh..not to forget, the all important hairdo!
Now, doesn't he look familiar to you?? I'm trying to create that 'Predator' look...hehe..maybe my next mod will be to use another ML body to mod a Predator...

Tried looking for the right eyeballs for him but couldn't find any suitable ones...so, I decided to make him a pair of eyewear. I borrowed the design from Cyclops as I find them rather cool...
I used some 2 Part Epoxies to make them. Now waiting for it to cure and tomorrow, I'll finish off the glasses with some silver or yellow paint...maybe yellow's not the right colour. He's supposed to be some fierce jungle fighter..imagine wearing a pair of yellow glasses...humm....not right.

Still, I'm not satisfied with the result. Something's still missing. Ah-ha! Clothes. Fine clothes maketh a Man..

So, searching around, I found some spare pieces of synthetic leather and decided to make a loin cloth for him, so that he'll have that tribal-jungle look...

No comments: